Dr. Javad FeizyDeputy of Research and Technology
The Deputy of Research and Technology is the main pillar of planning, management and administration of all research affairs of the research institute.
Managing the implementation of applied research projects conducted in response to the challenges and research needs of society and industry, as well as performing national macro projects based on the priorities and upstream documents of the comprehensive scientific map and development programs with an emphasis on innovation and promotion of knowledge and technology in food science are considered the most important activities of this deputy.
Also, the control, supervision, monitoring and guidance of research processes based on the programs determined in research projects and scientific and collaborations in the implementation of joint research projects with other centers and industrial sectors in the field of food science, as well as holding important scientific and research conferences and events are among the missions of this deputy. Considering the research nature of the activities of this institute, educating and training researchers is also carried out in this deputy by recruiting and accepting research-oriented PhD students. The Deputy of Research includes three departments: Research and Graduate Studies, Library and Center for Documents, Entrepreneurship and Communication which perform the tasks defined in the related field.
The most important macro-strategies in Research Deputy based on the detailed development plan of the research institute in the next five years are as follows:
1. Expansion of interdisciplinary applied research;
2. Increasing specialized and technological research productions;
3. Conducting macro-national and transnational research;
4. Quantitative and qualitative development of research departments;
5. Improving the human resources management system;
6. Compilation, implementation and promotion of comprehensive information system;
7. Documentation, monitoring and continuous improvement of processes;
8. Efficient use of existing capabilities and capacities;
9. Creating a suitable mechanism for the commercialization of research results and wealth generation;
10. Establishing and expanding the effective communication of the Research Institute with society and industry at the national
and international level;
11. Quantitative and qualitative development of research-oriented postgraduate courses;
12. Attending national authorities related to the field of mission and playing an active and influential role;
13. Developing required software and hardware facilities.