The International Scientific Cooperation Office of RIFST was established in 2011 to provide leadership, service and support for the international scientific activities of RIFST. This office, currently directed by Dr. Marzieh Hosseini Nezhad, has conducted various international workshops, conferences and lectures presented by professors and experts from leading international universities.
In addition, throughout the years, RIFST has managed to initiate scientific and educational relations with several academic centers namely NIZO in the Netherland, Plant and Food Research in New Zealand, Lincoln University in Australia and Hubei University of Technology in China through MOUs and joint venture projects.
The main goals and duties of this office are as follows:
- Promoting international scientific relations and providing a suitable environment for outdoor scientific talks linking RIFST's staff and researchers to their counterparts abroad;
- Providing the ground for joint research projects with scientific centers abroad;
- Providing research opportunities for academic staff abroad;
- Exchanging postgraduate students with counterpart institutions worldwide;
- Developing paces for linking RIFST with international scientific centers;
- Inviting experts and scholars from international academic centers for academic presentations at RIFST;
- Organizing international conferences and workshops.